ID10 core weird issue

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
kazanshin

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:07 am

recently tried using my amp after maybe a week or two of not using it and im getting a weird problem with it not working. the power supply is fine and not the issue as i see the blue light is on, but there is absolutely no tone coming through the amp. however, the tap button is flashing weakly and i can hear a soft click at regular intervals. tried the factory reset (hold the 3 buttons and power cycle) but no luck, reseated cables, connected to the id core software to see if i could update firmware but the software isnt even picking it up at all. anyone have any ideas?

also, if not, is it safe to open up to see if there's a problem inside? ive been avoiding doing that because id rather not discharge a capacitor into my body.

thanks,

Hardwired

Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:20 am

If you are experiencing problems with the firmware update process the amplifier
can be forced to power up in Update Mode. Hold down the Manual (14) & MOD (6)
switches simultaneously, whilst switching on the amplifer to enter this mode with the
voice LEDs cycling to indicate Update Mode. Connect the amplifier to the Blackstar
INSIDER software to begin a firmware updae.

I copied this from the owner's manual. Hope it helps.

Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Hey Kazanshin,

If you are experiencing an issue with your ID:Core 10, we'd recommend that the unit is inspected by an authorised technician.

Whilst I've not encountered an issue such as this before, it's possible the PSU could be faulty. The unit appears to be receiving power but not in a capacity that allows the amplifier to operate successfully - either due to a faulty input on the amplifier, or a faulty cable.

Contact an authorised technician in your area in order to have the unit inspected.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, but I hope this helps.
Customer Support Hub - www.blackstaramps.com/support

• Information