Which HT-1?

Discussion - HT-1 amplifiers
gtds

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi

I've been reading and watching online reviews and demos of the HT-1 amps. On paper, this amp suits my needs: I require a small practice/recording amp for home use only.

Not sure which model to go for.

Initially I will only be recording via the emulated output as I don't have a decent recording mic. Eventually, I will record by micing the amp.

My choice issue is, do I buy the amp head and in future a cabinet, or do I buy the combo version? How loud or soft is the 8" speaker? I hear different things from different users. Would the amp head and a 12" cab become too loud? ...louder than the 8" speaker?

I'm sure I'll get loads of answers saying to try the amp in a shop but I'm also interested to hear what people's opinions are.

Thanks!
gtds

gtds

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:37 pm

OK, let me amend my questions...

1.) What are people's experiences with the HT-1 combo version in a flat (with walls made of paper) where all neighbours hear absolutely everything?

2.) What are people's experiences and opinions on using the HT-1 head with small cabs like the HT110, Vox V110NT, Orange PPC108, etc? (Is there a 10" Orange cab?)

What I'm after is info on loudness and tone comparisons.

Thanks
gtds

• Information