Online patches seem to be only for TVP amps

Discussion - ID:Core, ID:Core V2 and ID:Core 100/150 amplifiers.
pfw

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:52 am

I have an id:core 150. When I go to the online patches via the Insider software I noticed that all the patches are written for TVP amps, not id:core amps. When I click on a patch to download it I get an error message that the patch was written using the TVP feature and won't sound as intended on an id:core (my) amp. I assumed when I got this amp that I could download patches as they were written by the online community, but that is not the case. If I had known this before purchasing the id:core amp I would have purchased a TVP model instead.

SnS

Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:05 am

Yeah that sucks. When I was looking into Blackstar I watched a lot of video demos between the :core and :series amps. The TVP easily stood out as the more unique and tonally superior choice. I don't really understand where the ID:core fits in the line up, or why they didn't include the TVP in the core amps.

So, the TVP is cool, but I can't see it being a deal breaker for some of the patches. One thing you could do, is view the settings of patches you're interested in, and just copy them to new patches you make. They may not sound exactly as intended, but close.

pfw

Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:27 am

Thanks for the feedback :). Yes, the online tvp patches do still sound quite good on the id:core 150 amp, so I will be ok with it. I'm an older player and the light weight of the id:core 150 appealed to me. A least now I have an excuse to buy another Blackstar amp down the road. Thanks again.

EpiLPSpecial2Luvr

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:20 am

So that's why I got an error message every time I tried to download a patch to my insider software, I just have an ID:Core stereo 20 V2 amp, and none of the Insider patches sounded very good through it.

I decided that the factory presets were good enough and gave up on the Insider software (except to download the firmware upgrade).

• Information