Are you happy with Blackstar customer service?

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Imagemarine

Sun May 17, 2015 11:39 am

Admin wrote:
Imagemarine wrote:Everyone should absolutely post when BS doesn't respond to support inquiry's. It's absolutely ridiculous that they fail to respond. I guess they failed to get anyone from Marshall's or Laneys support team to come join BS. It's truly BS ( pun intended) .
Brian- We have responded swiftly on both accounts to your emails to us on the 5th and 11th May, please check your junk email box...

Blackstar Product Support
I haven't see a response from Product Support. I've checked my junk mail---. Can you send these responses once again?

Thank you,

Admin
Site Admin

Mon May 18, 2015 10:04 am

Imagemarine wrote:
Admin wrote:
Imagemarine wrote:Everyone should absolutely post when BS doesn't respond to support inquiry's. It's absolutely ridiculous that they fail to respond. I guess they failed to get anyone from Marshall's or Laneys support team to come join BS. It's truly BS ( pun intended) .
Brian- We have responded swiftly on both accounts to your emails to us on the 5th and 11th May, please check your junk email box...

I haven't see a response from Product Support. I've checked my junk mail---. Can you send these responses once again?

Thank you,
Just forwarded email again- please advise if this is received or not. If not will try sending from a different email account.

Best regards,

Oldmanriver

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:43 pm

i,ve had several Blackstar products over the years and have always found them to be good,so this is given in the spirit of wanting to help a good British company become great.

You do respond quickly saying that you have received a question but you don't seem to answer them. There have been several key comments made regarding short comments with the ID series which go back to 2013 which Black star have failed/refused to answer. As someone who works in the professional services sector the key mantra is honesty and communication. You can't leave a question unanswered for 2 years and expect it not to affect your reputation or your business.

loseyateefa

Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:10 pm

i have posted my issue in the other forum threads dealing with the ID Core 20 not powering on, but there's also the issue of getting NO response from KORG in 2 separate emails. Since I'm in the US, I have to deal with them. Or just realize there is no service after the sale if it requires action on their part. Sure their website has a downloadable manual and a contact form.........
If i hadn't spent DAYS trying to find a suitable replacement for the stupid little AC/DC adapter, I would have a great doorstop called ID Core 20 because that's all it'd be good for without power.
The dealer (Sweetwater) had said they had contacted KORG and that the part was out of stock and thats all they could tell me. Come on! this unit is still being made!!! They can't be out of stock on the power cable.
If you are a professional musician who depends on your gear working.....or quickly repairable if something goes awry, i don't see how you could use their products unless you have a better experience than me.

tetread_99

Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:12 pm

At this point my reply would be no I'm not happy with a company that doesn't even reply to requests for support. I have contacted Korg and PartsisParts.com a few time already. Never received any replies from Korg and the rep at Partsis Parts.com stated he is unable to locate parts for the ID Core amps. All I want is one plastic cover piece. Seeing these amps are still being sold in stores parts should be easily available. Even a replay from Blackstar or Korg would be appreciated! At this point my next purchase would probably be an Orange or a brand other than Blackstar. No Support! :x

longi
Location: At the foot of the South Downs National Park in Blighty

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:26 pm

The problem is is Korg IMO.Korg's customer service has historically always been woefull at best. Korg have never replied to any emails in the past that iv'e sent them, their forums are full of people complaining about the lack of respone from them. I've personally neve had a problem with Blackstar's customer service but then I live in England. Handing a service agreement over to a third party doesn't always work out so well. Korg are a massive coporation with massive overheads and anything that loses them money means their probably not too bothered about fixing anything "in" warranty. Unless it's keyboards I don't think Korg care. They certainly didn't about a lot of AX3000G owners. Korg are happy to sell you their products or distribute them as the're making money just shifting boxes of amps as it's easy for them. I think your problems are with Korg not Blackstar. In my experience Korg really don't like to repair anything. Blackstar may well be aware of this but in order to get the products out in big numbers they have to go to a multinational coporation that can get stock out quickly.

It's a bit like trying to buy or have a Randall repaired in the UK. I wanted to buy a Lynchbox but the distributor refused to ship me one in. Worse still, trying to get one repaired was a disaster. The distributor was so bad every Randall stockist in the UK cut ties with them and sold the remaing stock off very very cheaply.

Anyhow I hope you guys get your problems sorted out soon.
Last edited by longi on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tetread_99

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Thanks for your reply. I did speak with Korg today and the rep stated they are waiting for a reply from Blackstar. I stated it's been more than 2 weeks now. How long does it take to get a reply?

longi

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:51 pm

If Blackstar are are licensing the service work out to Korg then presumably Korg should be qualified to undertake the work! A circuit diagram is a circuit diagram and Korg's techs should be capable of doing the work. Why they have to speak to Blackstar I don't know. Fault finding is pretty straight forward once you know what your doing. I don't really understand why Korg are going through Blackstar. If it's warranty work they should get on with it and do it.

tetread_99

Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:39 pm

It's a black plastic corner piece on the ID Core 10 amp. It cracked in two. I need a replacement. No need for schematics.

longi

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:10 pm

You would have thought they'd have that in stock, even if there were only a few of them. Not too serious though. Hope you get it sorted soon.

• Information