Wow what a useless forum!

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Bongofish

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:19 am

So after spending £800 on a amp and having trouble getting it to record with the usb I thought I would have got support in here.

The amps are good but the support everyone talks about is so true. So very very poor blackstar.

Will make me not want another one of your amps!

Sixlinger

Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:05 pm

I agree that Blackstar should support their "official" forum better, but they don't. Even though they should have some of their people monitor their own forum, it doesn't take away from their excellent amps, I get complimented on my HT 40 MKII all the time. There is nothing in its price range that compares. So I still visit the forum, I answer what questions I can answer and help out where I can. There is some useful information posted by the community, but Blackstar should have someone monitoring the forum a few hours a week. It is after all the "Official Blackstar Forum"

Sonofarich

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:04 pm

Blackstar does not routinely monitor this forum for issue resolution. If you have an issue/question, contact them via the designated pathways.

https://blackstaramps.com/uk/support

Sixlinger

Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Yes sonofarich, we know "Blackstar does not routinely monitor this forum for issue resolution", that's the problem, it should. People don't always get prompt, germane answers when going though the proper channels. So naturally they turn to the "Official Blackstar Forum" to find them, only to left wanting in most cases. Why even have an "Official Blackstar Forum" if no one is going to monitor or support it, hence the title of this thread "Wow, what a useless forum". You're only proving the point, just sayin'........................... The amps are awesome, head and shoulders above any in their class, the support should as well, in my humble opinion.

manxcat

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:31 am

That's why this forum is dead. I check in quarterly if that. Arguably the singular most useless forum I've ever subscribed to since the advent of the internet. Blackstar should be ashamed.

And yes, I do own a Blackstar amp. Two actually. Doubt I'll buy another because of their lacklustre support. e.g. Insider software, and burying of problems such as the flash upgrades bricking ID:Cores. I just bought an additional two Fender amps. If Blackstar want to ignore their customers, be it on their head. Plenty of alternatives.

Attilla DeHunt

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:19 am

I'm not sure this forum is useless, per se', but it is kinda weak overall. I am amazed at the idea that BLACKSTAR does not have a real presence here, as that just defies logic along with the point of the title, I have to think. There seems to be a few who know what's up and are helpful when present, but any decent-sized gathering on any forum about amplification in general will garner that. The BS branding here seems to be in peril of becoming an unfunny parody from simple lack of follow-thru, and THAT can't be great, especially when your common acronym is "BS", as that is not apt to be easily or readily separated from the universally common negativity "B.S." that we already know. Yeah, go ask Vic Damone what he thinks about the effects acronyms have had on his popularity, LOL!! Just saying.

8len8

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:31 am

IMO, a forum is only as good as its members. There are few members here, and many are nubes so they cannot offer advice since they don’t have much experience yet. Not a good combination for a forum.

• Information