INSIDER 1.8.1 | MacOS High Sierra | IMPORTANT NOTICE

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
KenCronin

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:58 pm

I think we all need to just give up. It's been many months now. Not only has Blackstar not provided a fix, they have not even provided information on progress or done any follow up despite multiple email enquiries and the many posts here.

I'm sorry to say that I agree with a previous post - would never buy a Blackstar product again if this is an example of their attention to customers and product quality.

RollDotHome

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:33 pm

Replies I’m getting from tech support are along the lines of ‘amp works fine with hour software and we’re working on lots of other things too’. They do apologise but may as well just say ‘fuck you’.

Funeral1

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:24 am

I just bought the ID Core 100. Sucks to have no fix yet. Come on guys. I decided to give up the Katana because I like the amp sound of the Blackstar....

RollDotHome

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:03 am

Latest reply:

“We are unable to confirm support for MacOS High Sierra until further notice. We do not currently have a timescale which we are able to quote for this, apologies for the ongoing inconvenience.

Your amplifier will still be recognised by the Mac, and will show as a connected device on most other programs. Unfortunately due to an Apple MacOS update, the file system used to recognise Blackstar products has been blocked and is not something we can change or control from our side. We are working with the support team at Apple to resolve this and will update INSIDER once a resolution has been reached.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but I hope this helps.”

Utter bollocks and very unhelpful

gibsonchump1983

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:38 pm

So, as of this morning my Blackstar Insider is not recognizing my Flash Player (showing as uninstalled, even though it's both up to date AND was downloaded from the proper native browser for MAC/Safari). SO effectively, I'm having the same issue as this thread's describing, but I'm running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. I've uninstalled Insider, reinstalled, rebooted and still the same problem. Can't seem to fix this.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Oddly, was working until I attempted to download a couple patches, but when I was connected to my Amp, those new patches weren't showing up in the patch library. When I quit and reopened Insider, it wouldn't reconnect to my Amp (but I could see the new patch). But if I deleted the latest patches, it would then open and connect to the amp again. Until I tried this twice and now I'm stuck with Flash not being recognized (as described above).

HELP!!!!

Thx!
kjneese@aol.com

chrlswtt

Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:08 pm

I don't think this has been mentioned and since there doesn't seem to be a fix coming from Blackstar, the Window's version of Insider can be run using Bootcamp. It's a PITA to, first setup Windows on your Mac and then reboot into Windows every time you want to edit but at this point, it seems to be the only option, other than buying another computer.

RollDotHome

Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:14 pm

I bet that when the fix comes it with be for the next MacOS. Just found out that this won’t run on my Mac so looks like I will continue to be screwed.

miltosm

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:25 am

This is a joke!

You don't need 7-8 months to update an app. I bought the amp based on the services I was going to get from your app and now I cannot access the EQ of the amp or change setup from a distance.

You don't respect your customers. That was my last purchase of your products. See you...

bloomk

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:13 am

looks like I'll never buy a Blackstar amp again... horrible shit pile if it has no support.. glad I only paid $80 to learn to never buy another..

• Information