INSIDER isn't opening.

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
loganreese

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:12 am

So, i've recently decided to download insider for my black star amp, and i've ran into some strange problems. When I try to open it,
it says, "The operation could not be completed. (OSStatus error -5000.)". What does this mean? I've reinstalled mono 3 times, my
flash is up to date and i've reinstalled Silverlight twice.

PLZ someone help me out i'm just trying to play some music.

thanks.

Admin
Site Admin

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:21 am

Hey,

The latest release of INSIDER may have been affected by the permissions of your Mac OS, thus preventing INSIDER from functioning correctly. To rectify this, please complete the following:

- Open finder, then in the taskbar click - 'Go' - and choose - 'Go to Folder...' - then copy and paste the following line for the directory: ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Silverlight/OutOfBrowser
- There will more than likely be a folder with a red logo in the bottom corner. This highlights the fact that your Mac is preventing access to the folder.
- Right click this folder, and select – ‘Get Info’.
- Scroll down to – ‘Sharing & Permissions’ – and enable access to ‘Read and Write’. Ensure this access is granted either to ‘Everyone’, or to the user profile you are using if more than one exists. (You may need to unlock the parameters in order to this, which can be done via the padlock found at the bottom right of the Get Info window.)

Please note: the ‘~’ is very important. There should be at least one folder whose name is a series of numbers followed by ‘.localhost’. E.g. ‘3410321256.localhost’.

Hope this helps, but if the issue persists please let us know via insider@blackstaramps.com.
Customer Support Hub - www.blackstaramps.com/support

• Information