Careers At Blackstar
Blackstar Amplification started in Northampton, England in 2004 and officially launched in 2007. Driven by the passion of the founding team for designing innovative amplification products that redefine players expectations, Blackstar today distributes products to over 50 countries worldwide and is a major international brand in the amplifier market. Over the years the Blackstar team has continued to grow and Blackstar is always keen to hear from like-minded individuals who have the talent and work ethic to make a difference in one of the most exciting brands in the MI industry.
You are a qualified mechanical engineer with at least 3 years’ experience of mechanical design in a fast moving manufacturing environment. You will have experience in the mechanical design of new products and producing accurate 3D and 2D drawings.
- Mechanical design of new products.Mechanical updates to existing products and ranges.
- Full mechanical development of products from concept to production.
- Produce 3D drawings using the INVENTOR CAD package and 2D drawings using the AutoCAD package.
- Document management for mechanical drawings.
- Update the R&D Manager daily and provide written reports to the R&D Manager as and when required.
- Be a team member on projects when required.
- Preferably degree qualified (minimum HNC) mechanical engineer.
- You must have at least 3 years’ experience of mechanical design in a fast moving manufacturing environment.
- You must have experience of the INVENTOR 3D CAD package and AutoCAD 2D package and have a good understanding of document control and change note systems.
- Working within a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) structure.
- Providing and clearly communicating costed solutions for problems as well as identifying them.
- Working accurately to tight timescales.
- Working on your own or as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a "hands on" / "can do" attitude.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Experience of working with overseas contract manufacturers.
- Previous experience of mechanical design in a consumer audio or electronics environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Guitar or bass player with an understanding of the guitar amplifier market would be a distinct advantage.
- An interest in audio electronics would be a distinct advantage.
- Location: Northampton, UK
- Ref No: RDME01
- Job Type: Freelance
- Department: Research and Development
Apply For A Job
If you think you have what it takes to join us please make sure you download and fill out the Blackstar Application Document and attach that along with your CV using our online form.
Alternatively if you would prefer, you are able to apply in writing with your Covering Letter, CV and your Blackstar Application Document to our mailing address: Blackstar Amplification Ltd, Opus House, Anglia Way, Moulton park, Northampton, NN3 6JA