Those who've used Blackstar ID:Core 20 (V2), what are your opinions on this amp?

Have a question about your Blackstar, or want to know more about our products? - check out our Products discussion board!
samsondaniel

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:58 pm

Greetings, community
I'll soon shop for a small amp for bedroom practice. I paid a visit to the local music stores and found Blackstar ID:Core 20 V2 fits my requirements. I did some online research and found that ID Core series got numerous issues like hissing, buggy software, firmware update process bricking the amp, power brick going bad etc. In the store the amp sounded good although I didn't spend much time with it. I've seen Blackstar ID Core, Roland Cube, Marshall Code, Marshall MG, Line 6 Spider amps are available in the stores.

Marshall Code 25 is more expensive but it received some good reviews (people experience some problems with it too but they don't seem to be so acute), people seem to be content with Roland Cube amps as well. Should I buy Blackstar ID:Core 20 (V2)?

P.S. Boss Katana, Vox VT or Fender Mustang amps are not available in my country and buying a combo tube amp like DSL5, 6505, HT5R is not possible for me at this moment.

samsondaniel

EpiLPSpecial2Luvr

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:46 am

I had some problems with mine before i downloaded the Blackstar Insider software and did a firmware upgrade, like the sound cutting out. After the upgrade I had no more problems, and the upgrade went smoothly, no problems there, either.

• Information