Reverb on speaker vs. headphones for HT-1

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
maylockhi

Thu May 17, 2018 11:01 am

I'm a new owner of an HT-1R (also a beginning guitar player). In experimenting with this amp, I at first thought that the reverb control was doing nothing. When I finally tried using headphones, I found that it had a dramatic effect--very obvious. I've still been unable to hear any reverb effect over the speaker itself. Has anyone else noticed this?

It's hard for me to imagine that it's a defect in the reverb circuitry, since I would think that if I can hear it on headphones, then it's working. (I say that without really knowing anything about the circuitry though.) Is it just less noticeable over speaker, or could it be a defect? Thanks!

Aside from that, I'm mostly thrilled with the amp sound, although I started to notice that there can be a bit of boominess. This is with an Epiphone Les Paul. I was afraid it would be not loud enough on clean sound as I'd heard warnings about that, but it's totally adequate for home practice. Also seemed to have a bad connection where the power cord plugs in, but couldn't reproduce it the next day, although the cord definitely does not fit very tightly.

• Information