Tell me about Blackstar amps

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
fender62

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:28 pm

so what was wrong with it, id like to know whats inside thats so special no one can fix them except blackstar... i repair electronic devices so im a bit mmmm. my id core is not broke, but i might take it apart to see is guts..so to speak.

dtjesus

Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Well, to summarize, there is a ton of digital logic circuitary in this amp. I'd say its pretty much digitial circuits with a few tubes thrown in a mix of solid state audio paths. So, you have very high voltage tube circuits running along side very sensitive digital logic circuits. The chances of things going wrong with these designs are very high. On top of that, its all Surface mount devices. That, in itself, limits the number of techs who work on SMD. Unlike Marhshall or Fender, this company keeps the schematics top secret and only provide them to their authorized techs. That allows their authorized techs to be cocky and tell you upfront that they are your only chance of having these repaired and you will have to cough up whatever money they ask for.
fender62 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:28 pm
so what was wrong with it, id like to know whats inside thats so special no one can fix them except blackstar... i repair electronic devices so im a bit mmmm. my id core is not broke, but i might take it apart to see is guts..so to speak.

• Information