Ht Stage 60 extension cab

Have a question about your Blackstar, or want to know more about our products? - check out our Products discussion board!
Duncan Yates

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi there, I'm just checking if it's safe to run my internal amp speakers with an extension cab simultaneously. The cab is a Harley Benton and is loaded with 2x16 ohms speakers in parallel with an RMS rating of 60w. On the rear of the extension cab are 2 x input options to choose from. Either 16ohm stereo or 8 ohm mono. Am I right in thinking that I'll need to change from the current "1x8 ohm or 2x16 ohm" output and use the "1x4 ohm or 2x8 ohm" speaker outputs. Intenals to one and extension to the other. Also I think I should go to the 8 ohm mono option on the extension and not the 16 ohm? Would really appreciate your guidance before causing any damage. Cheers.

Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Hey Duncan!

I believe we have answered your query via email - but for the benefit of users in the forum we will post the reply here too!

As per the manual, you may attach another 8ohm load to the amplifier by moving the internal speaker jack - which connects the internal 2x16ohm speakers / 8ohm load - to one of the 1x4/2x8 outputs, then using the remaining output to connect the extension cabinet. This extension cabinet must be an 8ohm load to ensure the overall impedance matches and keeps the amplifier operating smoothly.

Hope this helps!
Customer Support Hub - www.blackstaramps.com/support

rvannoy

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:06 pm

I have a similar question. I have a HT Stage 60 and an HTV-412A cabinet with 4 ohms/16 ohms (Mono), 2 x 8 ohms (Stereo) connections. Could you tell me the proper way to connect the two?

Thanks in advance.

• Information