HT5R MKII Emulated Output

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
vbjox

Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:05 pm

My amp did not come with a user manual, and there is no user manual available on this site, so hopefully you knowledgeable folks can provide some insight.

The product description for this amp states that "The stereo speaker emulated output can be used at the same time as the internal speaker/extension cab providing headphone free monitoring or the choice to blend a mic'd speaker and emulated signals together for unrivaled usability when recording at home or in the studio. In addition the speaker output can be turned off for "silent" practice or recording."

Reading this is what prompted me to purchase the amp. The plan was to be able to use it as an on-stage monitor as well as play the EO through the PA. When I plug in to the emulated output, my internal speaker does not produce any sound. The only way I am able to use it as both a monitor and through the PA is to mic it up.

I also do not see a way to turn off the speaker for silent practice other than by plugging into the EO. I can unplug the speaker, but I've heard that's a bad thing, so I haven't tried.

We have an HT Club 40 on stage that does operate in the desired manner. The HT Club 40 has a Standby that can be used to turn the internal speaker on and off if need be, and the EO works through the PA just fine.

The HT5R MKII does not have the Standby, or a Master volume, so emulating the operation of the HT Club 40 does not seem possible.

Perhaps the marketing data on this amp is incorrect?

vbjox

Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:14 pm

I figured it out. Operation is as follows:

1. With 1/4" cable plugged into EO, (headphones or line out), the internal speaker is muted, and sound will be heard through headphones or line out.
2. With XLR plugged into DI out, the internal speaker is not muted, and sound is heard through XLR out.
3. With 1/4" cable plugged into EO, and XLR plugged into DI out, the internal speaker is muted. Sound can be heard through headphones or line out and through XLR out.

• Information