ID core 100 lost all sound !!

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Markfozz_55

Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Hey guys I've a ID core 100 that has lost all sound. Worked fine one day without issues now nothing . Lights up all as usual but no sound from either guitar or mic or even mp3 input . The amp is under 2 years old and has very little use as it's a home amp . I cannot find the receipt as it was a present off the wife so wondered if anyone can help me. Very disappointed that it's packed up so soon I've had peavey and fender amps for many years without any issues and this is the 1st and probably last Blackstar I will purchase .

Markfozz_55

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:00 am

Anyone ??

AZGiant

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:36 pm

I would look at this in order. First, make sure nothing has happened to the speaker connection. While it is very rare, those wires and connections can go and it might have been a cold solder that is causing a problem now (amp heats up, cools down, heats up, and the cold solder will eventually go). Next check the tubes. Replace them one at a time and see if you have a bad tube. Finally, get the transformer checked. The power transformer might be bad, but that is a long shot as the amp does turn on.

• Information