Artist 15 Effects Loop not working

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Jay Wolfe

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:27 pm

the effects loop on my amp is apparently not working. Is there a switch on it to turn it on and off? Even a guitar plugged straight into the return gives nothing.........

8len8

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:10 am

Unless there’s a switch on the outside of the amp there is no switch.

What makes you think it’s the loop? If a guitar into the return makes no sound then your power tubes may be bad. Does the amp work with nothing plugged into the loop?

Jay Wolfe

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:35 pm

the amp works fine with nothing in the loop - I just had the power tubes replaced. If I throw a single pedal into the loop it doesn't work. Nothing comes out of the amp when anything is plugged into the loop

retroz

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Without stating the obvious here, does the pedal have batteries in it or connected to a power supply?
I had no sound in mine & it turned out the power supply to my delay unit was not plugged in, even though it was in the effects loop, there was no sound at all.

Useemann

Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:48 am

I just had the same when I tried using the loop for the first time. Plugged the cable into the loop return and nothing happened...
Then I brought the amp to repair. When it came back after two weeks the guy said that they found nothing wrong but, by the way: there must be a plug in the input jack while using the effects loop...

Tested - works!

I read the manual before I put the amp to the service and afterwards again: NOTHING MENTIONED!

Maybe an idea to update?!

• Information