HT-5 quiet enough for appartment?

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
wouterc

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:12 pm

I'm moving out from my parents' place to a duplex apartment. I'm not taking my HT-60 with me as it's too loud :'( . I've been searching for an amp that satisfies these things:
- sounds good
- low volume
- easy removal of speaker cable (to be able to use attenuator)
- has FX loop
- has headphone output

The Blackstar HT-5 is basically the only amp in the world that does this all this. Now, my question is, would it be quiet enough for an apartment? I'm hoping that it's not louder than the TV. I'm thinking about getting the head + cab so I can put an attenuator in between, but maybe amp + cab is louder than combo?

Any thoughts or ideas?

Sonofarich

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:09 pm

Consider a HT-1 or even a Fly for TV volumes, but no effects loop (or easy speaker cable removal on Fly for attenuator, but why would you need one anyways).

wouterc

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:41 am

I actually have a Fly, and it's cool for a dorm room but it's still too small for me. I'd like something more mature. And the HT-1 looks good, but no FX loop...

Chefke

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:31 am

I own a HT5R combo. I play upstairs in the attic and at decent volumes the amp can be heard downstairs. Not super loud, but loud enough to be disturbing when watching TV for example.
The amp sounds okay at volumes lower than that but to get the most out of it you need to crank it.

The being said the new HT5 Mk2 can be switched to 0.5w and from what I've seen that really helps to keep volume down.

• Information