Hello; I am impressed with the Blackstar tone...

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
EdwardWht_60

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:53 pm

I bought my HT-60 Stage brand new a couple years ago. It is impressive, and I can get it to mimic a Marshall if I want, which really was the reason I went with Blackstar in the first place. Marshall was irritating me with adverts for shot glasses, T-shirts, coffee mugs, and everything else not related to producing great tone in a band. I do respect Marshall, but decided to give Blackstar a try. Although the amp seems a bit sensitive, (I have had the tubes biased twice now, and the PI tube replaced), it is truly impressive what tones I can achieve. I recorded an entire album with a band I was in called Bad Habit and the Corruptions, and anyone who hears the record usually will compliment on the excellent guitar tone. Cheers, I play in the Pistolators now in Austin Texas, and hope to see you with my Blackstar one day.

donny53

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Hey im donny...and totaly agree with u about the tone...i love it...i own a little blackstar ht5 head...and recently ordered the studio 20....the tone is outstanding ...i also agree about the sensitivity of the amp...the first studio 20 that arrived had to be sent back...the clean channel buzzed when u plucked a string....like something was loose or shorted out...not sure...but it was a real downer having to mail it back to AMS...but they sent me a replacement...and it works fine...really happy with it...i dont play with a band...just play for fun now...have a little studio...write and record my own songs...have a few guitars i really like...2003 USA Standard Strat...a 2015 Les Paul Tribute...and a Schector diamond series...also play accoustic...thought i would say hello...not much action on this section of the forums....the band ur in sounds cool! Must be fun gigging...been a while for me...anyway have fun with it...and keep up the good work...nothin better than our music...thanks...donny

EdwardWht_60

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi Donny! Nice chatting with you. I just saw your response, and I appreciate it.

EdwardWht_60

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Check out The Pistolators on Facebook and Soundcloud. We just put out 2 recordings, and a 3rd possibly today.

BigMike

Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:40 pm

EdwardWht_60 wrote:I bought my HT-60 Stage brand new a couple years ago. It is impressive, and I can get it to mimic a Marshall if I want, which really was the reason I went with Blackstar in the first place. Marshall was irritating me with adverts for shot glasses, T-shirts, coffee mugs, and everything else not related to producing great tone in a band. I do respect Marshall, but decided to give Blackstar a try. Although the amp seems a bit sensitive, (I have had the tubes biased twice now, and the PI tube replaced), it is truly impressive what tones I can achieve. I recorded an entire album with a band I was in called Bad Habit and the Corruptions, and anyone who hears the record usually will compliment on the excellent guitar tone. Cheers, I play in the Pistolators now in Austin Texas, and hope to see you with my Blackstar one day.
Yes, I respect Marshall too, BUT Blackstar has way better clean tones & comparable distorted tones. If Vox & Marshall had a baby, it would be a Blackstar.

• Information