Greetings and Hallucinations

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
BigDaddyNC

Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:53 pm

New ID Core BEAM owner reaching out to you all from Raleigh, NC. 50 years old, software development professional by day -- I've been playing guitar on and off for over thirty-five years, focusing on bass and acoustic guitar most recently. I'm also currently playing bass in a band as well as helping out (also on bass) with the Sunday ensemble at church when I can.

I have just acquired an Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro after not having an electric guitar for ten years and needed something that I could play at low volume with righteous tone. I first picked up an ID Core 20 and loved it -- and decided to return it and trade up to an ID Core BEAM.

Since I have a use for something that can work with my bass, acoustic guitar, and electric guitar the ID Core BEAM is a great fit for me. I do enjoy all of the different tones that I can get and am astonished at how good the acoustic guitar emulation is. One disappointment was the lack of support for Mac OS X El Capitan, but I read this morning that the new version of the INSIDER software supports the latest Mac operating system. Looking forward to trying it out tonight.

Things I like best:

- The wide variety of tones
- Acoustic guitar emulation far better than expected
- Nice size for using on tabletop/desktop

Things that could be improved upon:

- Would love the ability to use a carrying strap like the ID Core 10/20/40 amps. I know that the intention is "desktop", but an easily detachable strap would be a Nice Thing

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Sonofarich

Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Welcome fellow Tarheel... :D

• Information