Hello from New Brunswick, Canada

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
brivington

Tue May 24, 2011 4:54 pm

This may sound lame, but I don't have a Blackstar amp yet however I've set my heart on an HT20 Head and a 412 cabinet to replace my Peavey Valveking 112. Just wanted to say HI to everyone. If I do anymore research on Blackstar amps my head will explode, and everything I've read, watched, seen and discussed I have only heard outstanding and positive comments about any and all Blackstar products. Wow. Can't say I've ever seen that before. Can't wait to switch to the sound in my head.

classicampguy

Tue May 24, 2011 7:40 pm

Go for it man, you can't go wrong with the 20! May I ask what cab you're considering?

classicampguy

Tue May 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Go for it man, you can't go wrong with the 20! May I ask what cab you're considering?

brivington

Wed May 25, 2011 6:01 am

classicampguy wrote:Go for it man, you can't go wrong with the 20! May I ask what cab you're considering?
I'll probably take a leap of faith and get the HTV 412, then go from there. However I will confirm the speaker type used in the HTV412 first. If they are Celestion 70/80s, then I'll probably be quite pleased.

super_flea

Thu May 26, 2011 1:45 pm

brivington wrote:This may sound lame, but I don't have a Blackstar amp yet however I've set my heart on an HT20 Head and a 412 cabinet to replace my Peavey Valveking 112. Just wanted to say HI to everyone. If I do anymore research on Blackstar amps my head will explode, and everything I've read, watched, seen and discussed I have only heard outstanding and positive comments about any and all Blackstar products. Wow. Can't say I've ever seen that before. Can't wait to switch to the sound in my head.

haha...I'm in the same boat! just went to a guitar show last weekend hoping most of all to try out a HT-1R (after seeing some great youtube vids), and tried the HT-20 instead (they didn't have a 1). all I can say is that I'm blown away, and will be selling my current amp to get a HT-20 combo plus HTV-112 to match it. the 40 seems good but as I'm mostly a bedroom player, I think the 20 will do me just fine. looking forward to yapping with you all about it when I get it.

cheers from Australia. :D

• Information