Hi everyone, I'm from Essex, and love my HT5 and 408 cab

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
Conanthewarrior

Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:28 pm

Hi everyone.

I am 25, and from Essex.

I bought a ht5 metal head around November time I think (I have some memory issues) and really liked the amp, all the different sounds I could get was amazing, and it sounds great with my pedals and multifx unit.

There was one issue though, and that was clarity.

This morning a tung sal 12ax7 turned up, and my god, it is like a new amp.

Plugged directly to the amp, palm mutes sound distinct, and the amp just sounds much better.

I got this valve after lurking on the forums and found it was suggested, I did not get a output valve as I did not feel comfortable setting the bias, but did with a simple valve swap.

The ISF feature works even better now, you can really tell a difference, and I like that I can back the volume off for a fairly clean sound on my guitar, then roll it up when I want my overdriven sound.

I mainly listen to metal, genres such as thrash, NWOBHM , and even some melodic death metal, I prefer the guitars to the vocals though.

I will probably have lots of questions, so I hope to speak to you all on the main forums :)

lurkalot

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:46 am

Hi Conanthewarrior

Snap, I'm also from Essex, and have a HT5RC, and a ID:Core 40. Great little amps. ;)

Conanthewarrior

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:13 am

lurkalot wrote:Hi Conanthewarrior

Snap, I'm also from Essex, and have a HT5RC, and a ID:Core 40. Great little amps. ;)
Hi man, Cool, another person from Essex!

I live in the 'lovely' place called Canvey Island, you from south Essex or further afield?

The HT5 Metal is my first valve amp, and I have to say, I love it. I played it some more tonight, it did have some pretty bad hum going on before-but the new valve seems to of sorted that, plus tightened everything up, sounds great straight into the amp, or the clean channel with my Zoom G5.

Certainly an upgrade from the line 6 spider IV I had for a while anyway :).

• Information