Greetings Guitar, Amp, and Music Friends!

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
AceFrehleyRocks82

Mon May 04, 2015 5:20 am

Greetings my Guitarist Friends! I am Mostly Guitar Style Wise, an Old School Hard Rock and Metal Guitarist. I Very Recently Just Purchased a BLACKSTAR ID:260 2X12 Combo Amplifier. As for Myself, My Initial Musical, Embryonic Childhood Musical Inspirations were 1970's Aerosmith,1970's KISS,1970's Queen,1970's BOSTON,1970's Thin Lizzy,Van Halen, and Black Sabbath. Later Musical Influences Included 1980's Ozzy Osbourne Music I.E,Randy Rhoads, Brad Gillis & Jake E. Lee Only)1980's SCORPIONS, 70's & 80's Rush,Judas Priest, Accept, UFO, RATT, Motley Crue (1st 3 Motley Albums Only), ICON (1st 1984 ICON album) LOUDNESS, Armored Saint, Warrior(Fighting For The Earth album), Slayer, Metallica, Yngwie Malmsteen, Iron Maiden, Apocrypha(80's U.S. Band), Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Mighty Spinchter, Kreator, Carcass,Forbidden, Sepultura, The Cure (Disintregation album) Concrete Blonde (Bloodletting) David Sylvian ("Gone To Earth" & "Secrets of the Beehive" albums)and The B-52's.There are Probably a few more I failed to Mention, but yeah, thats my background Musically, perhaps Confusing, Guitaristically mixed up Musical DNA! What DID get me SERIOUS About Actually Getting and Picking Up a Guitar, and actually LEARNING To Play GUITAR was Three, maybe four Heavy albums that all came out in 1982! And THOSE four albums WERE #1.Ozzy Osbourne's "SPEAK OF THE DEVIL", Ozzy's All Black Sabbath Material Live album featuring Guitarist BRAD GILLIS. #2.KISS' "CREATURES OF THE NIGHT". #3.SCORPIONS "BLACKOUT". and #4.Motley Crue "TOO FAST FOR LOVE".However, Learning most of ACCEPT' BALLS TO THE WALL album and RESTLESS AND WILD Material when woodshedding/Getting Good in 1985, REALLY INFLUENCED Me Beyond My Wildest Dreams! Case In Point; I was In A Recording Studio here in L.A. not too long ago Tracking & Overdubbing Some Guitar Parts having Replaced a Local Metal Bands Guitarist,The album/Recording nearly Completed, and It Was Sounding AWESOME, the Bands Music, and My Guitar Playing and TONE!,and Not too long into the session,The Bands Drummer and Engineer who were Producing, I could see were Looking Excited and talking to each other, and then after the take, Pointed at Me and Said; "DUDE! YOU Totally SOUND LIKE THE GUITARIST IN ACCEPT"!!! SERIOUSLY?!? :shock: Well, It WAS MUSIC TO MY EARS! :o That Drummer and Recording Engineers Statement/opinion Really Made My Guitar Playing LIFE!, A MAJOR COMPLEMENT!, in My Book :D , and If You Ask Me, I Could DIE HAPPY Now!!!, Musically, and Professionally Speaking.Because ACCEPT' "Restless And Wild" and "Balls To The Wall" Are Legendary, TRUE METAL Albums ;) , and The Awesome Playing, the Awesome Guitar and Amplifier Tones and the Way They ACCEPT, Wolf Hoffman/Hermann Frank,"Pick The Strings" Really Are the "Gold Standard", In Old School Heavy Metal Guitar Playing, and Sure, Im' No Clone on the Guitar, with No Identity Of My Own, and Do Have My OWN Unique Style and Originality, But I Now Realize, looking "Back in the Day", when I was Woodshedding Learning ACCEPT Restless and Wild and Balls to the Walls Tunes, I Really "Honed In" On How they actually "Pick" The Guitar Strings!, the Unique "Voicings", etc,Depening on how you Pick, attack the Guitar Strings,and When Im' Playing & "Warming Up", Certain People, Certain Musicians mostly, Can actually Hear that ACCEPT Guitar INFLUENCE!, in Anything I Play!The Only Thing BETTER they POSSIBLY Could Have Said Is; "DUDE You Sound Like The GUITARIST IN LOUDNESS"!! HaHaHa!, which Would have been a lame lie, and or Fu*king with my head! LoL,Im' Really Dreamin!,'Yeah Right!, Im Not That GOOD as AKIRA! LoL! :lol: But yeah, Me? Im' Happy to Be a Blackstar Amp Owner Now, with My Seriously Awesome Blackstar ID:260 2X12 Combo Amplifier!!!

• Information