Hello from the USA

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
jgwillsUSA

Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:33 am

New guy here from the USA. First Blackstar purchase although I've played through several of my friend's amps before. The GUS G model is effin killer I have to say.

I wasn't in need of a powerhouse like that though and was looking for a home practice and potential recording amp and the ID family of amps looked promising for my needs. I wound up coming home with an ID Core 20amp the other day and while as a standalone product its pretty sweet for what it is I've not been able to get the insider software to function properly. Very upsetting as this was a "major" factor in my purchasing decision to acquire this little gem.

As a standalone amp its more than adequate for practicing at bedroom volumes but I already have an old Crate 15 watter that still works fine for that purpose. I was really wanting to get into possibly recording my own stuff and having some fun tweaking and what not with the software. While the Crate is still a great practice amp its very limited unless you throw some pedals or a processor in front of it. Not very portable and I'm tired of the spaghetti mess of pedals/wires etc... on the floor here. I was hoping to simplify my desk space area and also the ability to take it along with a laptop for some portability etc........... will be a nice bonus if I can actually get it working as advertised.

Hoping here on the forum some Blackstar employees or other users can help me figure out what I need to do to get it working as advertised. If I can't then I'm afraid I'll have to return this guy for something else.

Cheers from the USA.
Jeremy in Texas.

• Information