Your location?

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
therabhus

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm Paddy, 21. I live about 30 miles away from Blackstar HQ.

I like Gibson Guitars, Marshall Amps, Blackstar Amps and playing loud. I play in this band www.myspace.com/therabhus and we like to go and tear faces off.

I own a Dist-X, it is the best Overdrive/Distortion I have ever used. I mainly use it to boost my JCM800 into Oblivion and back.

Paddy

sleepeatplay

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi, I'm Paul. i live in Vancouver, Wa. US. Been playing for 30+ years. I don't play out anymore. I have a Blackstar HT-5 head over a Marshall 2-12 cabinet loaded with Eminence Private jacks. I also have a Marshall lead 12 stack in white tolex. I have 7 guitars with another project on the way.
I play Metal and hard rock mostly. I really like the Blackstar. Image

BlackJackC1

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Been playing for 31 years. Got my first guitar when I was 12 from Rick Nielson's music store in Rockford, IL Was in a band in college. Always has been a past time for me. I love the challenge of learning something new. Job and family never allowed time for a band after college. I am from South Carolina. I have had my Blackstar for almost a year now. Have had Peaveys, Marshall, Vox, etc. Blackstar is my last amp.
I play heavy rock, metal, and blues, with alot of my playing now in drop tunings(Breaking Benjamin, Papa Roach, etc. etc.). I do like to experiment with odd tunings as well(think Billy Corgan). My main influence is Marty Friedman. I grew up listening to Page, Beck, Hendrix, EVH, Alex Lifeson, Randy Rhodes.
Schecter is my guitar of choice. Maybe one day when the kids leave the nest I will get a band together. :roll:

Blackstar is one sick amp!! Image
Last edited by BlackJackC1 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craig2SM

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Hi, I'm Craig. I'm 23 years old and I currently live in the Black Country of the West Midlands, UK near Birmingham - the home of Heavy Metal.

I first started playing guitar as a hobby when I was 15, but never took it too seriously until shortly after my first girlfriend broke up with me, just to keep my mind off things.

8 years later and I have played in 1 band and formed my current one, 2nd Side Made, as lead vocalist & guitarist. I mostly play heavy rock and alternative metal/post-grunge styles, thanks to influences such as CKY, Staind, Alice in Chains, Black Sabbath and more.

I picked up a Blackstar HT Dist-X about 2 years ago and it made me want to buy a Series One amp, which I now own in the form of a Series One 45 combo.

Among my other gear, I have a Boss OC-2 Octave pedal, a Parker P42 and an Ibanez SZ520FM, and one day hope to own a Parker Fly.

Marco_Lwb

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi, I'm Marco from Italy.

I'm 49 and I'm currently playing in a blues band using the GREAT HT-40 !!
My guitars are a Strat and a Tele. Both with single coils only. I love the "noise" I hear thru this amp ! :)

Ciao !
Marco

damnwymz

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:36 pm

BRAINDAMAGE - SBUMBA wrote:I'm Marco from Turin, Italy, I play in a thrash metal band called Braindamage since 1988 with 5 full lenght album sold worldwide:

Kingdom of madness (demotape 1989)
Signal the Rivolta (1993)
The turning point (1995)
Collapse (1999)
War against the almighty (2005)
The impostor (2009)

Bye!
Is this you? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collapse/dp/B00 ... 303&sr=1-3

Icarus

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Hey chaps,

I'm based in Bristol, U.K. Been playing for a 15 years and in various different bands.
Just Got my S1-200 after using Mesa, Bogner, Krank and VHT. Got waaay fed up of that nasty scooped generic metal tone.
Lovin' the new amp, lovin' having some mids back and lovin' having a nice, heavy as hell british sounding crunch!

My band are called 'Hold To This' and we play post-punk/hardcore.
www.myspace.com/holdtothis

Nice to meet you all! Image

gt_jumper

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:21 am

Icarus wrote:Hey chaps,

I'm based in Bristol, U.K. Been playing for a 15 years and in various different bands.
Just Got my S1-200 after using Mesa, Bogner, Krank and VHT. Got waaay fed up of that nasty scooped generic metal tone.
Lovin' the new amp, lovin' having some mids back and lovin' having a nice, heavy as hell british sounding crunch!

My band are called 'Hold To This' and we play post-punk/hardcore.
www.myspace.com/holdtothis

Nice to meet you all! Image
I have an ENGL fireball that i used to use, and i got along fine with it. But after getting the cheaper HT-20 combo, i wonder how i ever heard myself. I even run a scooped MXR eq to get a little more smoothness outta it but it still cuts like a hot knife!

Well done on the S1 200!! I was going to get the 100 but ended out buying the aforementioned ENGL......lol. Next time i will know!

Icarus

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:44 pm

Hey gt_jumper!

I used to use the mxr 10 band eq in all amps i played dude, awesome pedal! I liked it best in the loop.
I'm doing ok with out it with the 200 at the moment so i'm using it more for parts when we drop all the bass out and its just mids and highs. like AM radio/telephone sounds. Works great for pre-breakdown stuff!

Nice gear collection by the way! ;)

gt_jumper

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:40 am

Icarus wrote:Hey gt_jumper!

I used to use the mxr 10 band eq in all amps i played dude, awesome pedal! I liked it best in the loop.
I'm doing ok with out it with the 200 at the moment so i'm using it more for parts when we drop all the bass out and its just mids and highs. like AM radio/telephone sounds. Works great for pre-breakdown stuff!

Nice gear collection by the way! ;)
thanks dude :) MXR make awesome EQ's, I turm mine off for leads and scoop it in the rhythm parts and run it in the loop. they are the BIGGEST tone shaping tool around.

• Information