impedance?

Discussion - ID:Core BEAM amplifier.
dust

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi, I tried to use my ID:Core BEAM with an AKG K240Studio headset. Even at max volume the sound was extremely low and I could hear the noise of my fingers playing through the headphones. My dealer says there might be a problem with the impedance, since the headset comes with 55 ohms of impendance and that's probably too high for the BEAM. Now I need to know the output impendance of the BEAM in order to buy a proper headset, but that's not reported on the technical specs sheet. Anyone can help?

joshbbps

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:35 am

My KRKs are plenty loud at 36ohms. Do make sure to check you don't get crazy feedback when using high gain settings. Seems a number of these BEAMs suffer from a manufacturing defect or design flaw where feedback deafens you if using OD settings at high gain with even moderate volume. Just a heads up.

Dimitar Mihov

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:36 pm

So it appears that I have the problem with the feedback in my headphones. The problem seems to disappear when switch off the reverb and delay and/or lower the gain and the lows. But I'm curious am I using the right headphones? Because I'm using a Sony Hi-Fi headphones and maybe the problem is with the impedance from the amplifier. So anyone with a clue what is the impedance on the speaker emulated output?

• Information