ID:Core 100 Looper questions

Discussion - ID:Core, ID:Core V2 and ID:Core 100/150 amplifiers.
RollDotHome

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:44 am

I have just bought an ID:CORE 100 combo - second hand, waiting for it to arrive.

Have some questions is advance of its arrival, specifically about the Looper functions.

I previously owned a Marshall Code 25 and although it was OK for my use - generally just home playing - It fell short for me when I decided to buy a Boss RC-3 Looper pedal and realised that I couldn't record a clean loop and overlay dirty guitar. No effects loop. I found a rough work around that involved a separate overdrive pedal, however this kind of defeated the object of having a modelling amp.

The ID:CORE 100 obviously has a looper as well as an effects loop so should suit my purposes.

First question:
Can I create and store/recall more than one loop on the amp or is it one hit only and each new loop overwrites the old one?

Second Question:
If the answer to the above is no can I use my Boss RC-3 in the effects loop and create clean loop before jamming along with a dirty sound?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Rowland

(sorry for cross posting - not sure if that is allowed)

cuyahoga

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Rowland,
I have a ID100 as well and I like to loop with the RC3. Here is where I am at:
The looper on the ID core only allows for one 30 second loop, but allows you to add layers.
The effects loop on the ID 100 has not worked for me yet. I have figure out how to get it to work within Insider. I am gonna take it back.
I do have an HT 60 that works wonderfully with the RC3. If I could go back, I might have picked up another tube Amp with an effects loop.

cuyahoga

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Rowland,
I have a ID100 as well and I like to loop with the RC3. Here is where I am at:
The looper on the ID core only allows for one 30 second loop, but allows you to add layers.
The effects loop on the ID 100 has not worked for me yet. I have figure out how to get it to work within Insider. I am gonna take it back.
I do have an HT 60 that works wonderfully with the RC3. If I could go back, I might have picked up another tube Amp with an effects loop.

RollDotHome

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Does the effects loop not work at all or just not work with the RC3? I messaged blackstar via Facebook after getting no response to this post and they stated the following:

“The ID:Core 100 allows you to overlay your loop an infinite amount of times - unfortunately, these loops cannot be stored for use at a later date and may only be used at the time you are creating the loop. This loop can then be cleared and a new loop created.

Placing your RC-3 in the loop of the ID:Core 100 should also work in the same way”

I have still not received my amp yet - hopefully in next few days - so cannot Test yet.

RollDotHome

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:49 pm

My amp finally arrived today and I’m very happy to report that the Boss RC-3 works very well within the effect loop and retains whichever settings I create the loop with when I change channel, meaning I can overlay with a different sound. Just waiting for the FS-12 to arrive and I’ll be all set hopefully.

• Information