Insider patch saving issue

Discussion - ID:Core, ID:Core V2 and ID:Core 100/150 amplifiers.
twostepbend

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:26 am

Hello!

Is it possible to save a patch using a different voice than the target location ? (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Is there a way to wipe or change the amp patch and totally replace it with a patch in my library ? I don't feel two OD patch is useful, so I'm trying to come up with this setup:

https://imgur.com/a/EGhv1

I'm trying to load up the right side (library) to the left side (amp).

Schprocket

Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:53 pm

It'll help if you download the Insider Software manual from the support section of the product web-site since that would make it a little clearer than this explanation (I hope...)

You didn't mention whether or not you've right-clicked on the patch that you wanted to transfer in the library on the right.

Presuming that you've not yet tried to, then do so on one of the patches that you want to download to the amp.
In the pop-up menu which comes up after right-clicking, select Send to Amp, which will bring up another pop-up with either Patch 1 to download to, or the last patch location you sent to in the pop-up window. Use the up-down arrows on the right to select the patch location, then press the disk icon in the bottom right of that pop-up.

When you go to download the next patch to your amp, make sure that you change the patch location - it's easy enough to forget and overwrite the last patch.

Once you've done it a few times, you'll wonder how you could have missed it. Pretty sure I had a similar brain-fart when I first had my amp as well :)

Note that you can't test this unless the amp is connected and turned on. It might sound like dumb advice but there will be people who will try this without thinking about it :)

• Information