USB into a daw.

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
longi
Location: At the foot of the South Downs National Park in Blighty

Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:46 pm

I'm running Ableton live 8.1 and I'm trying to get my ID15 to run through the usb into the except that the ID doesn't show in the input of the daw. I have net framework 4.5 installed and the latest version of Silverlight and I'm running Windows 7. If I use my ID15 with the Insider software as a standalone it works fine but I'm getting no signal through the usb into the daw. Can I ask what the ID should show up as? If I go into device manager it shows as a composite device would this be right?

longi

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:03 pm

Ok I have it coming through the direct driver setting but i'm gettin massive lag. If I switch over to ASIO drivers the option to use the ID doesn't even show up! So the ID15 shows up as Digital Audio Interface (ID Ser Wave) and Digital Audio Interface (ID Series Amplifier DX). The DX option I can't even open up. The Ser wave opens up but I get massive latency. Any ideas?

longi

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:20 pm

Oh wait! I think I have it! You can't record the guitar signal via usb into a daw as it's an input only. Is this right?

The output is only through the headphones jack?

flimbo

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:20 pm

Try ASIO4ALL.

longi

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:38 pm

I already have ASIO4ALL, it makes no difference. According to the insider handbook the usb only receives a signal, it doesn't send it! It sends it over the emulated speaker output only. The usb is for remaping only as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the reply though! :D

Sinfreealex

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:53 pm

longi wrote:Oh wait! I think I have it! You can't record the guitar signal via usb into a daw as it's an input only. Is this right?

The output is only through the headphones jack?
According to my experience and what's in the manual, you can record from the USB. Sound can still be turned up on the amp to boost the signal sent.

What DAW are you using?

I use Presonus Studio One Artist (PC), Garageband (OSX), and Reaper (PC).I've got a copy of Ableton Live from a piece of hardware I own, but I haven't tried it with that yet.

longi

Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:43 am

Hi I'm using Ableton Live 8.1.1. with a Line 6 UX1. I've been using the the emulated out with good results but I wanted to try the USB, so far I've had little success.

• Information