Effects pedals with ID amp

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Garhel
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:35 pm

Tony Byrne wrote:Hi Jerry,I've just bought a ID30 TVP and want to add my own pedals.How did you link yours?With no effects in/ out,and even with the output lead into A effect and then to guitar will not work for me.Again,how did you work it?
Regards, Tony.
I do as Jerry suggested for live gigs...

Guitar -> input socket of Wah, Wah output -> input of boost pedal, boost pedal output -> Amplifier input

There's no reason that shouldn't work, unless I'm missing something obvious. If your amp works with the guitar plugged directly into it, then it would likely be either a dodgy pedal or lead, unless you've accidentally got the inputs and outputs the wrong way round...

blues_n_cues
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:59 pm

I'm contemplating the ID:60 head.
so a clean boost (for leads) works well out front & doesn't clip or does it work in the "loop",or either way works well?

Garhel
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:39 pm

blues_n_cues wrote:I'm contemplating the ID:60 head.
so a clean boost (for leads) works well out front & doesn't clip or does it work in the "loop",or either way works well?
I haven't tried it in the loop, but works very well for me out front with no clipping. I use What I would consider vintage/medium output style humbuckers (Bareknuckle mules, prs 57/08s etc) with it and have no problems at all. I have an Ibby RG with higher output V pickups as well and still good. Not sure if using some of the ultra high output modern pickups would be any different

blues_n_cues
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Garhel wrote:
blues_n_cues wrote:I'm contemplating the ID:60 head.
so a clean boost (for leads) works well out front & doesn't clip or does it work in the "loop",or either way works well?
I haven't tried it in the loop, but works very well for me out front with no clipping. I use What I would consider vintage/medium output style humbuckers (Bareknuckle mules, prs 57/08s etc) with it and have no problems at all. I have an Ibby RG with higher output V pickups as well and still good. Not sure if using some of the ultra high output modern pickups would be any different
on my guitars I have 57's,P90's,SD 59's,& a medium output 'bucker on my HSS.the other guitar is a standard strat- no active modern high output mumbo jumbo here.lol

whiskybreath
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:34 pm

The whole point of the ID amp is;
a) it has built in effects, and
b) you can create infinite variations of effects by downloading patches or creating your own.
c) you can use a footswitch to swap between patches and modes.

If you prefer pedals why not buy a 'straight' amp?
Alternatively, buy an ID amp and you won't need any.

Garhel
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:16 pm

whiskybreath wrote:The whole point of the ID amp is;
a) it has built in effects, and
b) you can create infinite variations of effects by downloading patches or creating your own.
c) you can use a footswitch to swap between patches and modes.

If you prefer pedals why not buy a 'straight' amp?
Alternatively, buy an ID amp and you won't need any.
Doh, must have missed the wah effect in the amp... Great point though ;-)

Sorry, being a bit facetious! In all seriousness though, for my live gigging situation I just find it really convenient to have a nice clean boost pedal so that I can boost any of the channels without having to "waste" a preset which is essentially just a duplicate of another with a higher volume. In reality using the FS-10 to swap between banks mid-song isn't straightforward (for me anyway, too much tap dancing and not enough time!), so this set-up gives me 4 presets, all with a single button boost via the pedal, plus a wah pedal on each. I usually get through 2 to 3 hours of live music just using 2 banks of 4 presets and these 2 pedals. Works for me...

captainnemo70
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:21 pm

Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:29 pm

From my experience ive not found a boost, clean or otherwise that works well with the ID amp.

i use them with My series1 200w head and they work as youd expect, giving a push for solos and driving the amp harder, on my ID 100 head though, they make very little difference

Garhel
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:50 pm

captainnemo70 wrote:From my experience ive not found a boost, clean or otherwise that works well with the ID amp.

i use them with My series1 200w head and they work as youd expect, giving a push for solos and driving the amp harder, on my ID 100 head though, they make very little difference
To be honest, I keep the gain on the pedal fairly low and just use it to give me a volume boost. In that application I get what I need. It's the vox boost pedal - can't remember the name, a big yellow thing I got free when I bought an AC30?!?

patr
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:33 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:59 pm

I have the ID:60TVP-H with FS-10 footswitch. I use several external pedals between my guitar na ID:60TVP-H:
1. Tuner (TC Electronic PolyTune Mini). The tuner built-in the ID:60TVP-H/FS-10 is not accurate enough and its LEDs are badly visible in the sunshine.
2. Clean booster (Mooer PureBoost). I use it primarily for to balance of volume if my HB pickups are switched to SC mode on my guitar, but it also supports solos and adds some dirt to the sound (if set out of its clean range).
3. Compressor (Fender Micro Compressor). I miss a compressor built in ID:60TVP-H for cleaner sounds, so this is the solution.
4. Overdrive (Blackstar LT Dual). I owned LT Dual before I bought ID:60TVP-H, so I have tried to combine it with ID:60TVP-H. Now I use it as an external tool for adding ad-hoc lower distortion to cleaner sounds. I use primarily LT Dual's channel 1 set on crunch. In general, I have to say that Blackstar LT Dual is not well compatible with ID:60TVP-H, especially channel 2 (higher-gain distortion) doesn't sound good on ID:60TVP-H. So, if you are thinking about some external overdrive/distortion pedal, I recommend to look for pedals of other manufacturers.

Note: Tuner, booster and compressor pedals I use are true-bypass and LT Dual is a buffered-bypass pedal. So, LT-Dual also works as buffered-bypass unit allowing me to use longer instrument cables.

Question: I'm looking for a solution of overall volume control. I think it can be solved by an external volume pedal connected to the FX loop. But I'm using emulated output of ID:60TVP-H, so I cannot use FX loop. Is possible to control overall volume of the amplifier via MIDI? Do you have any experience with that? I use FS-10 footswitch, so I'm interested in a separate volume control only and volume pedal in a signal chain in front of the amplifier is not the right solution for me.

vitalitask+1960
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:17 am

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:02 pm

ID:60TVP-H excelent cooperating with Beringer FCB1010, also wolume pedal.

More for example here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4627&hilit=fcb1010

But...
It is no possible use together external midi 5-din and original IDFS10 Footswitch. When you connect mono jack footswitch it is disconect 5-din midi.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests