4-way Footswitch on HT-60 Stage Combo Amp

Have a question about your Blackstar, or want to know more about our products? - check out our Products discussion board!
peterg

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Hello, all. I am brand new to this forum, but am an avid lover of Blackstar amps -- I have an HT-60 Stage amp, as well as the limited edition bright red/sand grille HT-40 Venue Series, and gig with them. I also have the HT-Dual valve pedal on my pedal board. HUGE Blackstar fan.

My question has to do with the 4-way footswitch in my HT-60. I believe the Part Number is FS-7. Near the beginning of a gig last Saturday, I clicked the "OD-1" button and it switched fine. But when I tried to switch back to the "Clean" button, it simply did not work. It switches properly between OD-1 and OD-2, and the Reverb switch is fine, but the "Clean" simply does not work. It necessitated my having to manually switch to Clean on the amp itself. Incredibly annoying, to say the least. The amp is in mint condition, always babied, just a few years old, and has been played out maybe 5 times. I disconnected the VGA-type connectors both at the amp side and on the pedal, and reconnected them securely. Never had this problem before. Any thoughts or recommendations? I hate to spend $100 USD if I don't have to. Thanks in advance.

Admin
Site Admin

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:46 am

Hey Peterg,

It's possible that the 'Clean' select switch has failed. As the OD1, OD2 and Reverb switches continue to operate successfully, we're confident that the issue is not amplifier or cable related.

We would recommend contacting an authorised technician, as they will be best placed to inspect the FS-7 - and if necessary, replace the Clean select switch for you.

Hope this helps!
Customer Support Hub - www.blackstaramps.com/support

• Information