blackstar series one 100 6l6 valve problem

THE NEW #1. Series One Amplifiers.
axian

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:07 pm

I recently bought this amp and I think there might be a problem with it.

1. Upon flicking the standby switch up ( off ) after finishing playing I watched as the valves continued to glow and the glow was getting thicker and thicker which in turn was getting really hot so I turned off the amp and you could hear them cooling they were that hot.

2. While I was playing the the volume altered and the same thing happened again, this time however as I had not flicked the standby switch up I flicked it and it stopped.

It does not happen all the time but Im guessing this is a fault with my amp because it can happen at any moment and if it goes unnoticed, obviously its going to destroy the valves.

Anyone else heard of this or something similar happening

Thanks

ronnie robinson

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:06 am

Hi

Ive not heard of that happening before at point one, but it does nt sound like a tube fault

If youve just bought it and its under warrenty Id contact the merchant you got it from and maybe email Blackstar to ask what they suggest -which will probably be to take it to a specific Blackstar authorised Amp tech

axian

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:09 pm

I have took it back to my merchant and it appears to be a problem known as red plating. Its getting sent back to Blackstar here in the UK for them to have a look at it. Its apparently very rare occurrence that can happen with valve amps in general. Be interesting to see what Blackstar say.

• Information