id core 10 recording questions

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
IronCanyon

Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:05 pm

Hello everyone,
I have some questions regarding my amp setup. Hope someone can help me out here.

I am trying to set up to record on my windows 10 pc. After my blackstar id core 10 amp purchase I came to realize that the insider app does not work with windows 10 OR my macbook high sierra. Strike one.

Now I have to get an interface. Just want Something basic that does the job under $100. I don't like what I am experiencing already with all the figuring out and messing with software etc. I would love for things to be simple.

I found that the usb worked with reaper but the signal was much too low to be heard on playback. There was no way to adjust usb volume. I tried to hold the tap button to increase gain and that didn't make any difference.

I then plugged in to my macbook with the emulated out line on the amp. The usb didn't work here either because the 44 sample rate in garageband is not adjustable to 48. So I went with the emulated out. I was able to record but couldn't monitor the guitar I was playing.

So what are your thoughts? Is there an easy way to play guitar, record from this amp and hear playback? Does the emulated out mute the amp all the time? If thats the case, it's time to get a different amp.

Thanks!

• Information