DEAD AMP - 1 HR OLD

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
scorpiosa70

Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:27 am

Hi guys,

Just bought an ID Core 40 an hour ago, had problems with computer recognising amp via USB, finally resolved that issue, it then recognised the amp and up popped the Update Firmware window, so i proceeded, went to make a coffee while it was updating, screen said update complete, went to play with the amp, - NO LIGHTS, so powered off nothing, checked power (light on adapter is lit), nothing, unplugged USB and guitar lead, nothing, went on line and found a factory reset procedure, nothing....

So here i am quite disappointed, with an hour old DEAD AMP.... NOT HAPPY.....

BTW I have it connected to a protected powerboard......

I will contact the store where I bought it tomorrow, but would appreciate some feedback or any possible remedies...
:cry: :evil: :? :x

Cheers guys

instructor57

Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:38 am

I had this also!
See my previous post.
Blackstar told me they hadn't had this before.
But they admitted to the store that it is a known issue when upgrading the firmware from some earlier versions !
Some fi

scorpiosa70

Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:08 pm

instructor57 wrote:I had this also!
See my previous post.
Blackstar told me they hadn't had this before.
But they admitted to the store that it is a known issue when upgrading the firmware from some earlier versions !
Some fi
Thanks for the info....

instructor57

Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Your welcome!
I have sent a rather strong worded email to blackstar support.
Just awaiting a response!

justmycuppatea

Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:12 pm

I have the same problem with the amp not being recognised when connected via USB, anyone any ideas how I can fix this?

ID:Core 40 // El Capitan v10.11.2 // Insider software 1.7.6

scorpiosa70

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:21 pm

justmycuppatea wrote:I have the same problem with the amp not being recognised when connected via USB, anyone any ideas how I can fix this?

ID:Core 40 // El Capitan v10.11.2 // Insider software 1.7.6
Cant remember exactly what I did, but found a thread, possibly on the Insider forum, but Go into programs, check that there is only one instance of Insider installed, for some reason I had two, deleted one that didnt seem to have a file size listed, right clicked on the good install, run as administrator.... also check firewall and allow Insider so it can connect to their server, .... also... haha.... I did have issues with ms silverlight which is the new .net structure.....

I will see if I can find the tread and post a link tomorrow, but have a tinker... was pretty frustrating..... good luck....

Just be careful if you update firmware.... it may kill the amp, taking mine back tomorrow to hopefully swap for new unit.... will keep u guys posted...cheers

justmycuppatea

Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:11 pm

I tried updating Silverlight and reinstalling Insider (plus checking for duplicates) but still no joy. So frustrating.

• Information